While the idea of entrepreneurship has spread like a wild-fire among the male population, the women have been lagging behind due to some challenges.
Social Meet-up, an event that would be organised by Incuspaze on the 2nd of June will focus on these challenges faced by women entrepreneurs in India. Being a start up itself, it becomes a necessary forum to discuss this topic and encourage women to take up business as a profession.
The major challenges faced by women entrepreneurs in India are listed below:
1. Limited mobility: Safety issues and barring hours of work limits the time women can spend outdoors.
2. Family restrictions: Most of them, mainly from rural areas, are still expected by their families to fulfil their role as a mother and home- maker.
3. Sceptical financial institutions: Banks and co-operatives usually are very sceptical to provide loans to women and often stipulate many conditions while giving loans.
4. Exploitation by middle men: The image of a women is always understood to meek and this leads middle-men to take advantages of women, socially and economically.
5. Shortage of successful women entrepreneurs as mentors and role models.
“I want every little girl who’s told she is bossy, to be told instead that she has leadership skills.”- Sheryl Stanberg
Incuspaze celebrates the role of women as entrepreneurs. This event will serve as a platform for women to come up and share their stories and the challenges they face in the entrepreneurial ecosystem.
This will in turn, encourage and serve as a motivation for other women to consider and realise their potential as entrepreneurs.
“The fastest way to change the society is to mobilise the women of the world.” – Charles Malik.
Register here: https://www.facebook.com/events/211756362674314/